Thursday, February 17, 2011
Let me introduce you to one of the best sites I've come across:
Points2Shop. This site allows you to take surveys, play games, and buy awesome products at a lot cheaper than MSRP. Now, I know you've seen this whole song and dance before, they're always scamming you and they never pay, right? Wrong. P2S is the most legit site I've ever gone to. They even help you find promotions/surveys/games that payout high and quickly. They showed me a neat tool I never knew about, and I thought I had seen them all!
I would definitely suggest trying out Points2Shop. It's free, it only takes a moment to sign up, and it's definitely worth it. Heck, I was only on for a little bit and I made 1000 points ($10). If you've got a lot of friends, tell them to sign up as well. You get $1 for each person that signs up using your link, and you make an extra 15% of whatever they make!
Oh! You're probably also wondering about the things you can get. It's probably very limited and has nothing you'll want, right? Wrong again! They use Amazon to pay out, so if they don't have something you want in their list of prizes, you can choose something off of Amazon, and they will send it to you! How awesome is that?
Since P2S does make its money from affiliate marketing, most of the surveys you'll come across require personal info/email/downloads. Most of this stuff I'll cover in a post of its own, but for the time being, this segment is called Protips, and you'll be able to get some basic info about how to keep yourself safe in these section.
1) Create a new e-mail address. I suggest using Gmail, but you can use whatever you like.
2) When signing up for offers, use this e-mail address. This will send all that awful spam to that email only, instead of flooding your actual inbox.
3) Don't use the email you just made for anything else other than spam mail! This way, you won't have to worry about checking it except for rare occasions.
4) I will post a tutorial about this at a later point, but Google "SandboxIE". It is one of the most useful tools I have ever seen in my life. It allows you to run programs inside a controlled space. Long story short? No more spyware.
5) Never, ever, ever give out real contact info unless you are receiving an actual product that you want. Spammers are just going to send you spam, they don't actually care about where they send it to.
Until tomorrow, everyone!
I love DealExtreme. They always have crazy gadgets, or a hong kong ripoff of an item. That's why, starting today, I'll be doing the DealExtreme Deal of the week.
This week, I went with someone everyone needs some of: storage. This little box actually has 2 hidden drawers in it. The drawers themselves aren't huge, but they're big enough to hold your secret stash of small swag. I use mine to hold my (Tobacco) pipe, and some dice. Ladies, this is perfect to hold jewelry, or other discrete items.
The only problem: No instructions. So, if you get it in the mail, try to open it, spend an hour trying to do so, and give up, you'll have to go online to look at the solution. A big deal? Absolutely not.
The box itself is incredibly sturdy. My friend and I were trying to pull pieces off and we couldn't, aside from the parts that are supposed to detach for the locking mechanism.
Overall, a fantastic buy for anything you want to keep discrete and hidden in plain sight. It's also not such a bad sight. We keep ours on the coffee table.